As 2023 comes to an end, we want to pause for a moment to reflect on all that we’ve accomplished over the year and celebrate the ways we’ve been able to continue our mission of connecting athletes to opportunities. From innovative product updates, to new athlete success stories, here are a few of the highlights from 2023.
One of the biggest highlights from 2023 was the launch of a new GMTM mobile app over the summer. The mobile app not only creates an exponentially better experience for athletes, but also integrates newly developed AI technology. The revolutionary feature, called AI Coaches, is redefining the landscape of sports training, recruitment, and personal branding for athletes everywhere.
If you haven’t already checked it out, now is a great time to download the app. With new opportunities approaching in 2024, the app will help you stay up to date and get ahead of the game.
Global Athlete Leaderboards
Athletes are driven by competition. Knowing how instrumental competition is at engaging athletes and understanding how rankings can help connect athletes to opportunities, GMTM recently launched Global Athlete Leaderboards. The new leaderboard feature, available in the GMTM app, provides athletes with real-time access to see where they rank against their competitors.
To improve your game, and your ranking, you have to work hard, be consistent and strive to get better each day. Global Athlete Leaderboards are designed to reward those athletes who show up every day and will help get them to the next level. Visit the app today to see where you rank.
Reaching New Heights
Athletes all over the world are using GMTM to reach new heights and pursue their goals. We’re thrilled to have helped connect so many athletes to new opportunities. Throughout the year, we share success stories from individual athletes and partners to help shine a light on these wins.
Here are a few of the athletes, stories and numbers from 2023:
- Four GMTM athletes earned invites from their USA Football Digital Combine submissions and attended the National Team Trials in March. Following the Trials, USA Football hosted four more Digital Combines (Junior & Adult) garnering over 26,000 impressions and more than 3,200 athlete submissions.
- U.S. Ski & Snowboard hosted their first-ever Virtual World Flip League to evaluate Aerial athletes around the country in order to earn invites to the U.S. Freestyle Ultimate Airwaves competition.
- 1,092 athletes submitted their applications for Ontario Volleyball Association programs, seeing a 3% increase in participation over the year prior.
- The 4th season of USA Bobsled & Skeleton’s Digital Combine launched and USABS hosted their first-ever in-person combines at the US Performance Center in Charlotte, NC.
- Over 700 athletes submitted to the 4 Virtual Talent ID Events that the AFFL (American Flag Football League) hosted in order to earn invites to in-person tryouts.
- Volleyball Canada hosted 7 Talent ID events that garnered 110,000 athlete video views, 170,000 athlete profile views, and more than 4,000 athlete video uploads.
- From Ole Miss football to Olympic bobsledder, from a high school high jumper to an aspiring USA Footballer, Elliot Markuson and Isabella Geraci are just two of the featured athletes utilizing GMTM to reach their goals.
You can check out more athlete spotlights and success stories here.
New Recruiting Resource
At GMTM, we know that athletes, parents, and coaches are looking for help navigating a complicated recruiting process. We continue to hear from athletes that getting recruited is one of their top goals, and an area where they have a lot of questions. To uncomplicate the process and help answer those questions, we recently launched a new Recruiting Education Course. This course is designed to help athletes, and their parents, learn more about the recruiting process so that they feel empowered to make the best decision possible.
Check out the course today and let us know what you think.
With 2024 right around the corner, we’re thrilled to reflect back on all that we’ve accomplished over the past year. While we’ve seen a lot of success and continued innovations, there is still plenty of work and excitement ahead. The momentum from 2023 will help us kick off the new year in a great spot to continue helping athletes pursue their goals.
Stay tuned for more in 2024!