From Instagram to TikTok (and seemingly every social media app in between), news feeds have taken over, becoming the best way to take in a ton of content and discover new things fitted to your profile.
GMTM has followed suit, unveiling Feeds this past week - a tailored experience on each athletes's home page that allows them to scroll seamlessly through recommended videos, articles, and streams. The new Feeds even shows you Live Activities you could participate in to be seen by coaches from different organizations.
How to use GMTM Feeds?
The new Feeds make it easier than ever to interact with the thousands of different coaches and athletes using GMTM. To access your Feed, sign in to your profile and then it should appear when you are redirected to the Home Page.
Once you find your Feed, you'll see there are multiple different ways to organize it. Below are each of the categories you can use to organize your Feeds:
- All will show a variety of recommended content types including Highlights, Activities, Articles, and more!
- Submissions will show selected Virtual Event uploads that athletes have submitted to an Activity.
- Highlights will show recommended video uploads from athletes adding new videos to their profiles.
- Articles will show the most recent GMTM articles you can read.
- Activities will show recommended activities you can submit to in various Virtual Events.
- Streams will show the most recent podcasts episodes and feature videos you can watch.
- Metrics will show the most recent updates other athletes have made to the Metrics in their profiles.
You can click on any of these categories to add them to your feed. You can also click on them again when they are highlighted to remove them from your feed.
Feeds also allows you to select multiple categories so you can stay updated on Article releases and new Streams or watch new athlete Submissions and scroll through all of the Activities in each different Virtual Event.
The more active an Athlete is on GMTM and Activities they participate in, the more likely their content is to be featured in other users' Feeds. The best way to leverage this new tool is to check it often and making sure your game is part of the conversation.
To learn more about how to best utilize Feeds and be featured, check out the How To Use Each Category In GMTM Feeds article.