GMTM TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Updated: 2/23/2021
GMTM, Inc. (“GMTM” or “we”) provides an online platform, including a website and mobile application, through which athletes can participate in virtual athletic events and upload and manage certain content, data and information about themselves (the “Services”). These Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to your access to and use of the Services. By clicking “I Accept” or by using our Services, you agree to these Terms, including the mandatory arbitration provision and class action waiver in Section 16. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use our Services.
We may supply different or additional terms in relation to some of our Services, and those different or additional terms become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the additional terms, the additional terms will control for that conflict.
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we will provide you with notice of such changes, such as by sending an email, providing a notice through our Services or updating the date at the top of these Terms. Unless we say otherwise in our notice, the amended Terms will be effective immediately, and your continued use of our Services after we provide such notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must stop using our Services.
If you have any questions about these Terms or our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be at least 13 years of age to use our Services. If you are under 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority where you live), you may use our Services only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a user under the age of 18 (or the age of legal majority), you agree to be fully responsible for the acts or omissions of such user in relation to our Services. If you use our Services on behalf of another person or entity, (a) all references to “you” throughout these Terms will include that person or entity, (b) you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms on that person’s or entity’s behalf, and (c) in the event you or the person or entity violates these Terms, the person or entity agrees to be responsible to us.
3. User Accounts, Account Security, and Fees
You may need to register for an account to access some or all of our Services. If you register for an account, you must provide accurate account information and promptly update this information if it changes. You also must maintain the security of your account and promptly notify us if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your account without your permission. If you permit others to use your account credentials, you are responsible for the activities of such users that occur in connection with your account. We reserve the right to reclaim usernames, including on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim, including trademark rights, in those usernames.
You will be required to pay a recurring subscription service fee to access our Services, which is charged each month to the payment method you have on file. All fees are in U.S. Dollars and are non-refundable. The fees we charge for using our Services are disclosed to you when you register for an account to access the Services listed on our fees page or paid event pages. We may change our fees from time to time on 30 days’ advance notice to you [via email].
We will charge the service fee each month to the payment method you have on file. OUR SERVICE FEE WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW FOR ADDITIONAL ONE-MONTH PERIODS UNTIL YOU CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS HERE [provide hyperlink to instructions]. YOUR CANCELATION WILL TAKE EFFECT THE MONTH AFTER YOU CANCEL. NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED.
You must have a payment method on file and pay all fees and applicable taxes associated with our Services by the payment due date. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to use the payment method you designate via the Services and authorize us to charge all fees to that method. If your payment method fails or your payment is past due, your right to use the Services may be suspended. We also may collect fees owed by charging other payment methods on file with us or retain collection agencies and legal counsel. In addition, if your payment is past due, you will be subject to late fees, including (unless and to the extent prohibited by law) a late charge of 1.5% per month. GMTM, or the collection agencies we retain, may also report information about your account to credit bureaus, and as a result, late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
4. User Content
Our Services allow you and other users to create, post, store and share content, including messages, text, photos, videos, software and other materials (collectively, “User Content”). Except for the license you grant below, you retain all rights in and to your User Content, as between you and GMTM.
You grant GMTM a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully paid, and sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display your User Content and any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your User Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed without compensation to you. When you post or otherwise share User Content on or through our Services, you understand that your User Content and any associated information (such as your username or profile photo) may be visible to others.
You may not create, post, store or share any User Content that violates these Terms or for which you do not have all the rights necessary to grant us the license described above. You represent, warrant and covenant that (a) you own and control all rights, title and interest in and to the User Content you submit or that you otherwise have all rights, permissions and consents necessary to post and use such User Content, (b) you have all rights necessary to provide GMTM and its agents, contractors, representatives, licensees and assigns with the license and rights set forth in this Section 4, and (c) your User Content, and our use of such content as permitted by these Terms, will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity. Although we have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor User Content, we may delete or remove User Content at any time and for any reason with or without notice. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it.
You will not violate any applicable law, contract, intellectual property right or other third-party right or commit a tort, and you are solely responsible for your conduct while using our Services. You will not:
▪ Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct;
▪ Use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from that user and GMTM;
▪ Impersonate or post on behalf or any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
▪ Sell, resell or commercially use our Services;
▪ Copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display all or portions of our Services, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors;
▪ Modify our Services, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative works based upon our Services;
▪ Use our Services other than for their intended purpose and in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our Services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of our Services in any manner;
▪ Reverse engineer any aspect of our Services or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of our Services;
▪ Attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ or attempt to access any feature or area of our Services that you are not authorized to access;
▪ Use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods designed to scrape or extract data from our Services;
▪ Develop or use any applications that interact with our Services without our prior written consent;
▪ Send, distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk commercial electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
▪ Bypass or ignore instructions contained in our robots.txt file; or
▪ Use our Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
You may also post or otherwise share only User Content that is nonconfidential and that you have all necessary rights to disclose. You may not create, post, store or share any User Content that:
▪ Is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or fraudulent;
▪ Would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
▪ May infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
▪ Contains or depicts any statements, remarks or claims that do not reflect your honest views and experiences;
▪ Impersonates, or misrepresents your affiliation with, any person or entity;
▪ Contains any unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
▪ Contains any private or personal information of a third party without such third party’s consent;
▪ Contains any viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or content; or
▪ In our sole judgment, is objectionable, restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying our Services, or may expose GMTM or others to any harm or liability of any type.
Enforcement of this Section 5 is solely at GMTM’s discretion, and failure to enforce this section in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce it in other instances. In addition, this Section 5 does not create any private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation that the Services will not contain any content that is prohibited by such rules.
6. Ownership; Limited License
The Services, including the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations and other content contained therein, are owned by GMTM or our licensors and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, all rights in and to the Services are reserved by us or our licensors. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Services for your own personal, noncommercial use. Any use of the Services other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited, will terminate the license granted herein and violate our intellectual property rights.
GMTM and our logos, our product or service names, our slogans and the look and feel of the Services are trademarks of GMTM and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned on the Services are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by us.
You may voluntarily post, submit or otherwise communicate to us any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information about GMTM or our Services (collectively, “Feedback”). You understand that we may use such Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you, including, without limitation, to develop, copy, publish, or improve the Feedback in GMTM’s sole discretion. You understand that GMTM may treat Feedback as nonconfidential.
9. Repeat Infringer Policy; Copyright Complaints
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that anything on our Services infringes any copyright that you own or control, you may notify GMTM’s designated agent as follows:
Designated Agent: GMTM, Inc.
Address: PO Box 411596, Melbourne, FL 32941
Telephone Number: 407.984.5592
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Please see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) for the requirements of a proper notification. Also, please note that if you knowingly misrepresent that any activity or material on our Services is infringing, you may be liable to GMTM for certain costs and damages.
10. Third-Party Content
We may provide information about third-party products, services, activities or events, or we may allow third parties to make their content and information available on or through the Services (collectively, “Third-Party Content”). We provide Third-Party Content as a service to those interested in such content. Your dealings or correspondence with third parties and your use of or interaction with any Third-Party Content are solely between you and the third party. GMTM does not control or endorse, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, any Third-Party Content, and your access to and use of such Third-Party Content is at your own risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend and hold harmless GMTM and our officers, directors, agents, partners, employees, and the Providers (individually and collectively, the “GMTM Parties”) from and against any losses, liabilities, claims, demands, damages, expenses or costs (“Claims”) arising out of or related to (a) your access to or use of the Services; (b) your User Content or Feedback; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation, misappropriation or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights); or (e) your conduct in connection with the Services. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and GMTM or the other GMTM Parties.
Your use of our Services is at your sole risk. Except as otherwise provided in a writing by us, our Services and any content therein are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, GMTM does not represent or warrant that our Services are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. While GMTM attempts to make your use of our Services and any content therein safe, we cannot and do not represent or warrant that our Services or servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Services.
GMTM TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY CONTENT THAT YOU, ANOTHER USER, OR A THIRD PARTY CREATES, UPLOADS, POSTS, SENDS, RECEIVES, OR STORES ON OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO CONTENT THAT MIGHT BE OFFENSIVE, ILLEGAL, MISLEADING, OR OTHERWISE INAPPROPRIATE, NONE OF WHICH GMTM WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, GMTM and the other GMTM Parties will not be liable to you under any theory of liability—whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, warranty, or otherwise—for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, punitive or special damages or lost profits, even if GMTM or the other GMTM Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The total liability of GMTM and the other GMTM Parties for any claim arising out of or relating to these Terms or our Services, regardless of the form of the action, is limited to the greater of $100 or the amount paid by you to use our Services.
The limitations set forth in this Section 13 will not limit or exclude liability for the gross negligence, fraud or intentional misconduct of GMTM or the other GMTM Parties for any other matters in which liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Additionally, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
You hereby agree to release GMTM and its agents, contractors, representatives, licensees, assigns, and the Providers (the "Released Parties") from, and to not assert or maintain against any Released Party, any claims, actions, suits, liabilities, costs, damages, losses and demands of any kind or nature arising out of or in connection with the use of your User Content as contemplated by these Terms, including, but not limited to, those grounded upon invasion of privacy or publicity, defamation, intellectual property infringement or any other cause of action, whether in tort (including negligence, whether active, passive or imputed), contract, warranty or any other theory.
If you are a consumer who resides in California, you hereby waive your rights under California Civil Code § 1542, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
15. Transfer and Processing Data
In order for us to provide our Services, you agree that we may process, transfer and store information about you in the United States and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Please read the following section carefully because it requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with GMTM and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us, unless you opt out of arbitration by following the instructions set forth below. No class or representative actions or arbitrations are allowed under this arbitration agreement. In addition, arbitration precludes you from suing in court or having a jury trial.
No Representative Actions. You and GMTM agree that any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services is personal to you and GMTM and that any dispute will be resolved solely through individual action, and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding.
Arbitration of Disputes. Except for small claims disputes in which you or GMTM seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address or disputes in which you or GMTM seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, you and GMTM waive your rights to a jury trial and to have any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services resolved in court. Instead, for any dispute or claim that you have against GMTM or relating in any way to the Services, you agree to first contact GMTM and attempt to resolve the claim informally by sending a written notice of your claim (“Notice”) to GMTM by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by certified mail addressed to 615 N Wickham Rd #411596. The Notice must (a) include your name, residence address, email address, and telephone number; (b) describe the nature and basis of the claim; and (c) set forth the specific relief sought. Our notice to you will be similar in form to that described above. If you and GMTM cannot reach an agreement to resolve the claim within thirty (30) days after such Notice is received, then either party may submit the dispute to binding arbitration administered by JAMS or, under the limited circumstances set forth above, in court. All disputes submitted to JAMS will be resolved through confidential, binding arbitration before one arbitrator. Arbitration proceedings will be held in Hillsborough County, Florida, in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“JAMS Rules”). The most recent version of the JAMS Rules are available on the JAMS website and are hereby incorporated by reference. You either acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the JAMS Rules or waive your opportunity to read the JAMS Rules and waive any claim that the JAMS Rules are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
You and GMTM agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 16 will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. (the “FAA”), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. As limited by the FAA, these Terms and the JAMS Rules, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding any dispute and to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court, including the power to determine the question of arbitrability. The arbitrator may conduct only an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual.
The arbitrator, GMTM, and you will maintain the confidentiality of any arbitration proceedings, judgments and awards, including, but not limited to, all information gathered, prepared and presented for purposes of the arbitration or related to the dispute(s) therein. The arbitrator will have the authority to make appropriate rulings to safeguard confidentiality, unless the law provides to the contrary. The duty of confidentiality does not apply to the extent that disclosure is necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration hearing on the merits, in connection with a court application for a preliminary remedy or in connection with a judicial challenge to an arbitration award or its enforcement, or to the extent that disclosure is otherwise required by law or judicial decision.
You and GMTM agree that for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fee and GMTM will pay the remaining JAMS fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by Company, GMTM will pay all JAMS fees and costs. You and GMTM agree that the state or federal courts of the State of Florida and the United States sitting in Hillsborough County, Florida have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award.
Any claim arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services must be filed within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, the claim is permanently barred, which means that you and GMTM will not have the right to assert the claim.
You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within 30 days of the date you first accepted the terms of this Section 16 by emailing email@example.com. In order to be effective, the opt-out notice must include your full name and address and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration. By opting out of binding arbitration, you are agreeing to resolve disputes in accordance with Section 17.
If any portion of this Section 16 is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, (a) the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall be severed from these Terms; (b) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of this Section 16 or the parties’ ability to compel arbitration of any remaining claims on an individual basis pursuant to this Section 16; and (c) to the extent that any claims must therefore proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis, such claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration, and the parties agree that litigation of those claims shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual claims in arbitration. Further, if any part of this Section 16 is found to prohibit an individual claim seeking public injunctive relief, that provision will have no effect to the extent such relief is allowed to be sought out of arbitration, and the remainder of this Section 16 will be enforceable.
17. Governing Law and Venue
Any dispute arising from these Terms and your use of the Services will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Florida, except to the extent preempted by U.S. federal law, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of Florida or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts of Florida and the United States, respectively, sitting in Hillsborough County, Florida.
18. Modifying and Terminating our Services
We reserve the right to modify our Services or to suspend or stop providing all or portions of our Services at any time. You also have the right to stop using our Services at any time. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use our Services.
If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
20. Event Providers
If you are an entity or organization that is conducting or sponsoring a virtual event on the Services (each such entity, a "Provider" and each such event, an "Event"), then in addition to these Terms, the additional terms set forth in the Virtual Event Rider (the "Rider") apply to you and are incorporated by reference herein. In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between the Rider and these Terms, the Rider will control solely to the extent of the conflict or inconsistency.
21. Additional Terms Applicable to Mobile Devices
- Acknowledgement. You acknowledge that these Terms are concluded solely between us, and not with Apple, and GMTM, not Apple, is solely responsible for the iOS App and the content thereof. You further acknowledge that the usage rules for the iOS App are subject to any additional restrictions set forth in the Usage Rules for the Apple iOS App Store Terms of Service (the “Usage Rules”) as of the date you download the iOS App, and in the event of any conflict, the Usage Rules in the App Store will govern if they are more restrictive. You acknowledge and agree that you have had the opportunity to review the Usage Rules.
- Scope of License. The license granted to you is limited to a non-transferable license to use the iOS App on any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad that you own or control as permitted by the Usage Rules.
- Maintenance and Support. You and GMTM acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the iOS App.
- Warranty. You acknowledge that Apple is not responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, with respect to the iOS App. In the event of any failure of the iOS App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price, if any, paid to Apple for the iOS App by you, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the iOS App. The parties acknowledge that to the extent that there are any applicable warranties, any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any such applicable warranty would be the sole responsibility of GMTM. However, you understand and agree that in accordance with these Terms, GMTM has disclaimed all warranties of any kind with respect to the iOS App, and therefore, there are no warranties applicable to the iOS App.
- Product Claims. You and GMTM acknowledge that as between Apple and GMTM, GMTM, not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims relating to the iOS App or your possession and/or use of the iOS App, including, but not limited to (a) product liability claims, (b) any claim that the iOS App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- Intellectual Property Rights. The parties acknowledge that, in the event of any third-party claim that the iOS App or your possession and use of the iOS App infringe that third party’s Intellectual Property Rights, GMTM, and not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such infringement claim to the extent required under these Terms.
- Legal Compliance. You represent and warrant that (a) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and (b) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- Developer Name and Address. Any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the iOS App should be directed to:
PO Box 411596, Melbourne, FL 32941
- Third-Party Terms of Agreement. You agree to comply with any applicable third-party terms when using the Services.
- Third-Party Beneficiary. The parties acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that, upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
The following terms apply if you install, access or use the Services on any Device that contains the Android mobile operating system (the “Android App”) developed by Google, Inc. (“Google”):
- You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and us only, and not with Google.
- Your use of our Android App must comply with Google’s then-current Android Market Terms of Service.
- Google is only a provider of the Android Market where you obtained the Android App. We, and not Google, are solely responsible for our Android App and the services and content available thereon. Google has no obligation or liability to you with respect to our Android App or these Terms.
- You acknowledge and agree that Google is a third-party beneficiary to these Terms as they relate to our Android App.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and GMTM relating to your access to and use of our Services. Notwithstanding any other provisions of these Terms, Sections 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 21, and 22 survive any expiration or termination of these terms. The failure of GMTM to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third-party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity. You agree that communications and transactions between us may be conducted electronically. These Terms may not be transferred, assigned or delegated by you, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent, and any attempted transfer, assignment or delegation without such consent will be void and without effect. We may freely transfer, assign or delegate these Terms or the Services, in whole or in part, without your prior written consent.