Why is warming up before you begin any athletic activity or exercise important? Of course, many of us know the basics of why warming up is important. It is crucial to stretch your muscles before and after in order to prevent injury as well as soreness but what are some of the deeper reasons of importance?
Warmup exercises can help get your body ready for more strenuous activities and make it easier to exercise. Some of the most important benefits of a warmup include:
- Flexibility- being more flexible can make it easier to move and exercise correctly.
- Lower risk of injury- warming up your muscles can help them relax which, in turn, can lead to less injury.
- Increased blood flow and oxygen- having more blood flow helps your muscles get the nourishment they need before launching into more intense work.
- Improved performance- studies show that warmed up muscles can help you work out more effectively.
- Better range of motion- having a greater range of motion can help you move your joints more fully. Motion also creates emotion through developing more dopamine chemicals in the brain.
- Less muscle tension and pain- muscles that are warm and relaxed may help you move more easily and with less pain or stiffness.
These are just six of the amazing benefits of warming up before an athletic activity offers. Encouraging warming up and stretching before any exercise activity can be crucial to your level of performance. Below we offer an amazing link to get you started on your warming up techniques for quarterbacks all around the world! The series of training is called our dynamic warm-up series. What is a dynamic warm-up exactly you may ask?
Well, you may have heard of both dynamic warm-up and static stretching, but wonder what exactly they are. A dynamic warmup is done at the start of your workout routine. It’s meant to prime your body to work at a higher intensity. A dynamic warmup focuses on actions similar to the movements you’ll do while you work out. For instance, you can do movement-based stretching like lunges or squats, or light movements like riding a bicycle or jogging. Dynamic warmups can help build strength, mobility, and coordination, which can all help improve your workout performance.
This series being offered is truly a game changer! Click below to immediately start participating and line yourself up for this amazing training series!